Deadline for applying: November 11, 2023
This course is reserved for experts from East Asia, including the following countries and territories: China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, Philippines.
This course will be held in Ho Chi-Minh City, Vietnam, between 12 – 14 December 2023.
The draft program includes the following topics:
- Natural gas key actors, market models and institutions
- EU market design and regulation
- LNG market arrangements & pricing
- Natural gas trading & market hubs
- Security of Supply
- New gases and the energy transition
- Case studies from the EU and target regions
We warmly encourage you to submit requests from experts from your organisation interested in participating in the Training Course and in forwarding this invitation to interested parties.
The course sits under the LNGnet Project, launched in Spring of 2021 by the European Commission to enhance the liquidity, flexibility, transparency, and sustainability of the global LNG market. The LNGnet Project is led by consortium partners: the Florence School of Regulation, Cecoforma, and Baringa Partners. More information about the project can be found here.
This course is free of charge.
The LNGnet Project will cover the travel costs (economy class) and a per diem covering accommodation and local costs, for up to 25 participants selected among those meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- Representing a public body, international organisation, university or other not-for-profit institution dedicated to scientific, energy-related research and/or publication;
- Place of the registered office of the organisation they represent, or domicile, is a country or territory that is in 2022 and 2023 eligible to receive official development assistance (ODA) according to the relevant OECD definition, published at ODA Recipients for reporting 2022 and 2023. For this Training Course, the following countries are eligible: China, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines.
For sponsored participants who need a visa to enter Vietnam, the project can reimburse the visa costs, subject to the provision of supporting documents.
More information and application instructions can be found here: https://fsr.eui.eu/course/gas-market-design-structure-and-regulation/
25 posts available
Location / Mode
Ho Chi-Minh City, Vietnam
Start date: 12/12/2023
End date: 14/12/2023